Condensation is caused by a difference in temperature between two sides of an element of construction, resulting on the side of the element being lower than the dew point. When the temperature falls below the dew point, any airborne water vapor will ‘condense’ on the surface. Anti Condensation Products refers to materials and /or products which reduce condensation by insulating a building element substrate and raising the temperature of its surface.
Generally when LAF’s fire resistant coatings, texture finish, and vermiculite ceiling products are used as anti condensation products, a fungicide is added into the mix to protect these coatings against the likelihood of mould growth. Alternatively the coating can be over-coated with mineral based paints.
Condensation is hard to overcome in industrial situations. When it occurs, water may collect in trafficable areas exposing personnel to slip hazards. Additionally, condensation in equipment may affect functionality and durability, which can lead to occupational health and safety issues if left unchecked.
To reduce condensation, a thermal barrier is needed to buffer the temperature to at least 1.5°F above the dew point. LAF’s anti condensation products can reduce or eliminate condensation, providing an insulating layer and barrier which protects personnel, equipment, and prevents corrosion - all in one easy-to-apply product.
Some of the many benefits of LAF’s anti-condensation products include:
- High condensation protection
- Reduces steel corrosion
- Fast setting time
- Non toxic. There is no VOC content
- Monolithic coat, it is easy to apply to irregular surfaces and seals all joints
- Non-combustible, it is made of vermiculite and gypsum materials aided by micro-dispersed highly insulating air bubbles
- Gypsum vermiculite plasters will not harbor insects or nourish mould growth or fungi. They pose no health hazards and are therefore frequently specified /used in hospitals and clinics.
Click here to see our range of products with anti-condensation properties »